SECCIONES

A LA CHILENA

SERVICIOS

HERRAMIENTAS

CORPORATIVO
EMPRESAS
Socio de IAB CHILECertifica.com
ENGLISH

VI REGION: HISTORIC PLACES AND MONUMENTS

 

CASA DE LA CULTURA (Culture House)

Located on 211th, 5 Norte, Rancagua. Old construction that was part of the Casas Patronales of the Fundo El Puente, belonging tothe Hacienda El Carmen and that later, on October 1st and 2nd, 1814, served as headquarters to the colonel of the Ejército Realista, Mariano Osorio. The house has been declared National Monument. Visits: Tuesday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 1 PM hrs. and from 3 Am to 6 PM hrs.

IGLESIA DE LA MERCED (La Merced Church)

Estado and Cuevas- Rancagua. Their construction dates back to the XVIII century and it is known by its important historical role in the Battle of Rancagua, place from where Bernardo O Higgins watched over from the tower, in vain expecting the help of José Miguel Carrera. Next to the church you can find the parochial house. Visits: Monday to Sunday.

CASA DEL PILAR DE LA ESQUINA (Del Pilar de la Esquina House)

682nd, Estado Street -Rancagua. This is an old colonial house with unknown date of construction. It is a two-story construction down Estado Street and of one floor toward Ibieta streetand. Inside part of the main patio still remains.

It has thick adobe walls, rafters, the roof is made of oak and over this there is an "encoliguado" that is tied in leather, to receive the mud of the tile, handmade cover. This structure corresponds to the original parts of the property.

GRANEROS

Town located 13 km. north of Rancagua. It is essencially an industrial and agricultural sector.

In the town stands out as attraction the Casa Hodgkinson, declared Historical Monument.

SAN JOSÉ DEL CARMEN MUSEUM – EL HUIQUE

This National Historical Monument constitutes one of the most valuable historical places in the country and it is located in the commune of The Palmilla, to 56 kms. of San Fernando (in route to Pichilemu).

The country property formerly located in the lands of Larmague, dates from the XVII century. During this period its proprietors were illustrious characters of Spanish origin, It was not until 1756 that the Coronel of the Reales, Pedro Gregorio Echeñique begins a true dynasty maintaining the property in the same family for almost 200 years.

His grandson Juan José Echeñique inherited the place and built in 1829 the house that still exists. The property is richly decorated with works of art and antiques, being important the following: the Church; the painting located in the room "doña Elena"; the bell of the church of the Compañía de Jesús, given by Pedro Subercaseaux to the President Errázuriz.

The outstanding characters that were important in that time help increase the historical value of the house. One of these is Mrs. Gertrudiz Echeñique, married to Federico Errázuriz Echaurren, president of Chile from 1896 to 1901. Their daughter, Mrs. Elena Errázuriz Echeñique, to the moment of its death requested to its children to preserve it. In 1975 they donated the property to the Army of Chile.

HOSPITAL-CHAPEL SAN JUAN DE DIOS

Negrete Street - San Fernando.

Construction declared National Monument that dates from 1848-1850 and which works remained temporarily unconcluded on lack of resources. In the year 1872, a group of eight nuns belonging to the Congregación de las Hijas de la Caridad arrives at San Fernando to organize the Hospital. In 1978, under Sister Julia’s custody the construction is enlarged, and in 1884 with funds donated by Mrs Mercedes Gómez the construction of the current chapel begins and was completely concluded in 1889. It is a brick building finely worked with the whole superior border and cornices forming a delicate filigram.

To visit the place, please ask for its keys in Hijas de la Caridad community, in front of the chapel.

CHURCH AND CLOISTER OF SAN FRANCISCO DE SAN FERNANDO

Located in front of Plazuela M. Rodríguez and Valdivia. This National Monument dates from 1744 when Jesuit missionaries built their house. In 1755 begins the construction of a new and larger church. Finally, in 1891 the old building is demolished and the construction of the current one begins. It is made up of three decks separated by two arcades that delimit the main deck, 8 m wide, more two lateral decks of 4 m wide that constitute the circulation spaces that finish off in altars and a tower of 32 m high.

CASA PATRONAL DE LIRCUNLAUTA (Colonial House)

Located in Juan Jiménez Street and Alameda, in San Fernando. Typical construction of colonial architecture, built in the XVIII century in the lands belonging to the Hacienda Lircunlauta. It belonged to Juan Jiménez de León who donated the 450 land blocks to found this city. The large house has a central place that contains a great yard surrounded by corridors and a backyard in "U" shape. It is Contiguous toward the north of the property the cellars and patios of works are located.

This National Monument is under reconstruction process to be soon transformed into a museum.

ROSS PARK IN PICHILEMU

Created at the end of the last century and restored in December, 1987, when being completed the 96th Anniversary of the commune. It has vast grasslands, small fountains with lights, standing out their centennial Fénix palm trees. Its recent restoration has transformed it into an attractive walk. It was declared National Monument in February, 1988.

SAN PEDRO DE ALCÁNTARA

Its main appeal is its architecture. This is the reason why it was declared Typical Zone. The Church highlights for their architectural style, complemented by the environment in which it is located, occupying lands originally given by Mrs. Francisca Muñoz de Gormáz to the Orden Franciscana in order to found a hospice at the end of 1600. In 1722 the foundation of the hospice is ratified. It was then, by order of Felipe V when a convent is erected that would give later origin to the formation from the village to its surroundings.The convent is concluded in 1725 and it is called San Pedro de Alcántara. The original work was damaged which leads to new constructions and restorations at the beginning of this century.

Publicado el 2000-10-15
Compartir Share/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus


Reserve Hotel

Destino
Fecha de llegada
calendar
Fecha de salida
calendar

Destacamos

$destacado->arti_titulo

La Nueva Cocina Chilena

Nos acercamos a conocer las preparaciones del chef nacional Quersen Vásquez quien nos presenta las recetas de destacadas preparaciones como las papas con mote y plateada, el chupe de jaivas y un delicioso mousse de mote con huesillos…
leer más

$destacado->arti_titulo

La Encantadora Cultura de Isla de Pascua

Con la Chef Claudia Patiño recorrimos un lugar mágico por excelencia...
leer más